FACULTIES and SPECIALTIES
In MIIGAiK, there have been created all necessary conditions for training foreign citizens who would like to get higher education in any of the lines specified below:
The GEODETIC FACULTY trains specialists of higher vocational education:
- with conferring an Engineer qualification in the specialty of Applied Geodesy:
Engineers in the field of Applied Geodesy master modern technologies for topographic-and-surveying, engineering-mining, and design activities in designing, building, and running engineering structures; establishing, densifying, and re-establishing high-accuracy control point geodetic networks, methods for astronomical and gravimetric observations; fundamentals of the theory of space navigation and practical methods of applying satellite navigation systems to topographic support for various kinds of applied work;
- with conferring the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in geodesy and remote sensing with skills profiles in Geodesy and Space Geodesy and Navigation.
Holders of a Bachelor of Engineering and Technology degree in geodesy and remote sensing master methods for carrying out field topographic-and-geodetic and mining kinds of work, mathematical treatment of their results.
Holders of a Master of Engineering and Technology degree possess fundamental and professional knowledge for carrying out scientific investigations and educational activity in the field of geodesy, arranging and making geodetic measurements and observations, and mathematical treatment of their results.
- Holders of Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Applied Computer Science have knowledge for professional work in the field of creating and using task-oriented information systems for solving geodetic problems.
Scientific-and-methodological training at the Geodetic faculty is based on fundamental statements of physical-and-mathematical sciences and the Earth sciences with a wide application of modern electronic and satellite systems and computer technologies.
The CARTOGRAPHY and GEOINFORMATICS FACULTY provides its students with a wide skills profile in Cartography and Geoinformatics, offering training on Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in lines of:
- designing, compiling and editing maps and atlases for different purposes in analogue and digital forms;
- working out the design of cartographic products by using means of computer graphics;
- designing bases for spatial data and geoinformation systems;
- modeling the dynamics of geographical processes and phenomena;
- processing aerospace information and data of remote sensing for cartography purposes.
Graduates from the faculty are trained to work at field cartography-and-geodesy and aerospace enterprises, scientific laboratories, cartographical publishing houses, geoinformation centers while performing research and manufacturing cartographical kinds of work and creating geoinformation systems.
The FACULTY of APPLIED COSMONAUTICS and PHOTOGRAMMETRY carries out training under Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in geodesy and remote sensing through educational skills profiles in:
- Remote Sensing of the Earth for solving the problems of:
- search for and rational use of natural resources of the Earth;
- monitor of the environment and forecast of its status from remote
- Space Surveying and Photogrammetry for solving a wide range of problems in various branches of man’s activity connected with obtaining information on locations and objects situated there from images taken while performing both space and land surveying;
- Geospatial Data Infrastructure to train professionals in the field of accessing information resources containing update information on the objects and phenomena of terrestrial space (geospatial data).
The Faculty of Applied Cosmonautics and Photogrammetry also offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in the line of Information Systems and Technologies for developing the following educational skills profiles:
- Geoinformation Systems and Technologies. Holders of Bachelor’s degree have wide education in the field of information systems and technologies, which allows them to apply their expertise to various producing units connected with geodesy, cartography, cadastre, and ecology.
- Information Telecommunications Systems and Networks. The Faculty trains specialists in establishing and applying computer information systems to rational land tenure, cadastre and monitoring of the environment.
The FACULTY of OPTICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS and TECHNOLOGIES offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in the fields of opto technology, applied computer science and information security.
Graduates from the line of opto technology are engaged in the operation of optical and optical-and-electronic, laser, information-measuring, and detecting instruments and systems applied to machinery, navigation systems, medicine.
Bachelor’s and Master’s degree holders in the line of information security deal properly with ensuring security to science and technology informatization objects under the existing conditions of threats in the modern information environment.
The FACULTY of ECONOMICS and LAND MANAGEMENT offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in the fields of immovable property cadastre, accounting, the economic estimation and management of real estate, planning and development of territories with the use of geoinformation systems.
Training is conducted in the following lines:
- Land Management and Cadastres with developing the skills profile in
- Management with developing the skills profiles in public (state and municipal) administration and enterprise management;
- Economics with developing the skills profile in finances and credits.
The ARTS FACULTY trains under Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in the lines of:
- Jurisprudence, educating specialists in the field of civil law and criminal law, who are able to work for governmental administrative bodies and commercial organizations as lawyers;
- Architecture. Education in this field allows the graduates to work in the sphere of architectural designing, landscape design, town-planning, and city’s environmental protection.
The term of training at the above-listed faculties is – 5 years for diploma engineers, – 4 years for Bachelor’s degree graduates, – and 2 years for Master’s degree graduates (after finishing the Bachelor’s degree program in the corresponding line).
The FACULTY of DISTANCE EDUCATION TECHNOLOGIES offers distance learning degrees, training specialists through evening and correspondence modes of study
The Evening Department offers Bachelor’s courses in the following lines: Opto Technology, Geodesy and Remote Sensing, Land Management and Cadastres.
The term of training is 4 years and 6 months.
The Correspondence Department offers training for:
- Diploma Engineers in Applied Geodesy (the term of training is 6 years):
- Bachelor’s degree specialists in the lines of Management and Land Management and Cadastres (the term of training is 5 years and 6 months).
The training through the Correspondence Department can be carried out with use of distance learning technologies, which makes it possible to have a considerable reduction of the term of training.
The GEODESY and CARTOGRAPHY COLLEGE offers a number of training programs of post-secondary vocational education in lines of Applied Geodesy, Cartography, Aerophotosurveying, Land-Property Relations with a training term of 3 years or 4 years.
SECOND UNIVERSITY DEGREE courses for persons graduated from Russian or foreign educational institutions are offered on a compensatory basis by all faculties in their corresponding lines of training.
The FACULTY of IMPROVEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL SKILLS and RETRAINING offers its listeners having a base education 25 programs of additional education, it ensuring an improvement of their professional skills in applying modern technologies to geodetic activities, land management, and instrument making.