Procedure of foreign students admission
HOW TO APPLY:
How to apply to Moscow state university of geodesy and cartography?
FILL IN THE APPLICATION FORM
Download the form at our website miigaik.ru/applicants/admissions-board/
Please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
GET AN INVITATION LETTER
To issue your invitation letter we need:
1. a copy of your passport (valid for at least 1,5 years from the visa starting date) + verified translation
2. a copy of your secondary school diploma or higher education diploma (with list of records)+ verified translation into Russian.
APPLY FOR YOUR RUSSIAN VISA
Upon receiving the invitation letter from MIIGAiK, please contact your nearest Russian Embassy or Consulate and provide the documents according to the Embassy requirements.
CONFIRM YOUR ARRIVAL
Once your visa is ready, inform the Center on international education about your arrival date at least 10 days prior to coming to Russia.
PREPARE A FULL SET OF DOCUMENTS FOR THE UNIVERSITY
1. passport (valid for at least 1.5 years from the visa starting date) +verified translation into Russian+ apostille stamp
2. migration card stamped by border control authorities
3. originals of your secondary school diploma or higher education diploma (we require legalization by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Russian Embassy for some countries or documents with an apostille stamp) with verified translation
4. 6 passport size photos (30 x 40 mm)
5. Medical certificate of HIV, AIDS, COVID absence.
ARRIVAL AND ADMISSION
1. Submit the set of documents in Step 5 to the MIIGAiK
2. Get registered at the university within three days after arriving in the Russian Federation. The staff of MIIGAiK registration office will help you in registration (office 341)
3. Submit your educational documents of Step 5 to the MIIGAiK International Education Center (office 341).
Pay your housing fees and medical insurance.
Go through a medical check-up.
Obtain your official admission paper from MIIGAiK
Foreign citizens (who do not speak Russian language) are trained at the Preparatory department of the university to obtain an additional educational program for 10 months: in accordance with the education quota for foreign citizens and stateless persons (state line); at the expense of legal entities or individuals under the Agreement on the provision of paid educational services. The field of study is engineering and technical. The training is provided on a full-time basis using distance technologies. Based on the results of final exams, students are issued a state-recognized certificate with the right to enter MIIGAiK or another university in Russia.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons can enroll in MIIGAiK for higher or secondary vocational education:
1. At the expense of the federal budget in accordance with:
international treaties and Federal Laws of the Russian Federation;
the quota established by the Government of the Russian Federation for the education of foreign citizens and stateless persons (the government line);
2. At the expense of candidates or legal entities under agreements on the provision of paid educational services.
3. Foreign citizens can only be admitted to the 1st year of Bachelor's, Specialist's and Master's degrees.
4. Transfers of the foreign citizens to MIIGAiK are carried out only for the students who studying at educational institutions of the Russian Federation.
1. Admission to training at the expense of the federal budget
a) Admission of foreign citizens and stateless persons to MIIGAiK is carried out in accordance with international treaties and Federal laws of the Russian Federation:
• for the citizens of the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, and the Republic of Tajikistan in accordance with the Agreement on Granting Equal Rights to Citizens of the Participant States to the Treaty on Deepening the Integration into Economic and Humanitarian Fields, dated March 29, 1996.
• for citizens of the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Georgia, the Republic of Moldova, Turkmenistan, the Republic of Uzbekistan, and Ukraine, permanent residents in the territory of the Russian Federation (with a permanent residency) in accordance with agreements on cooperation in the education field (if a foreign citizen has a permanent residency);
• on the basis of the certificate of the State program participant on assistance to the voluntary resettlement of the compatriots to the Russian Federation living abroad;
• in accordance with Federal Law No. 99-FZ "On the State Policy of the Russian Federation in relation to Compatriots Abroad", dated May 24, 1999.
Admission to study at the expense of budgetary funds on the basis of international agreements and federal laws of the Russian Federation is carried out on a competitive basis and according to the admission rules of MIIGAiK for the current academic year.
b) The foreign citizens who apply for studies at the expense of the federal budget provide the documents established by the Admission Rules to the Entrance Commission after receiving the appropriate referral in the Department for relations with the foreign students (room 341).
c) Admission to study at the expense of the budgetary funds according to the quota established by the Government of the Russian Federation is carried out on the basis of a referral to a study at the appropriate level (Bachelor, Specialist, Master or Postgraduate ones) issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation to the foreign citizens and stateless persons who have passed the selection, usually, in the host country, carried out by Rossotrudnichestvo with the participation of representatives of the national education authorities of the sending country.
2. Admission under the Education Contracts on a reimbursable basis.
a) Access of a foreign citizen and stateless person to bachelor's and specialist's programs on contractual basis (educational services are to be paid) is gained after passing at least two entrance tests selected by MIIGAiK from the entrance tests for the relevant specialty or field of study. Access to the program of "Architecture" is after passing additional entrance tests provided for by the MIIGAiK admission rules.
b) Admission of the foreign citizens to the master's program is carried out according to the results of entrance tests; the University establishes the list and timelines.
c) The timelines for submission of the admission documents to study at the expense of the applicant or legal entities in accordance with “ the Agreement on the provision of paid educational services” are established by the admission rules of the MIIGAiK for the current academic year.
d) Foreign citizens entering the University on a reimbursement basis provide the necessary documents for admission to the Department for relations with the foreign students, and a Contract for the provision of paid educational services is filled out.
List of the documents for admission
A foreign citizen (stateless person) shall submit the following documents to the Entrance Commission (an applicant entering the University at the expense of the Federal budget) or to the Department for relations with the foreign students (an applicant entering on a reimbursable basis):
1. Standard Entry Form and application of a foreign citizen, filled out in the Russian language, with a color photo attached;
2. A copy of the documents on education (diploma and its annex with the indication of the terms, subjects studied and grades (points) obtained, with a duly certified translation into Russian;
3. A medical conclusion on the absence of contraindications for studying in the Russian Federation, issued by the official body of the candidate's country of residence, with a duly certified translation into Russian;
4. A medical certificate of the absence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and AIDS disease, issued by the official body of the country of residence of the candidate for education, with a duly certified translation into Russian;
5. Passport and a copy of the passport, with a duly certified translation into Russian, with validity of at least 18 months from the date of the entry study visa;
6. Certificate of recognition of a foreign education or qualifications, if the foreign education or qualification is not recognized in the Russian Federation in accordance with international treaties of the Russian Federation governing the recognition and establishment of the equivalence of a foreign education or qualification;
7. All submitted documents must be issued in the name and surname indicated in the passport the foreign citizen crossed the border with;
8. In addition to the above documents, compatriots shall submit originals or copies of the documents provided for in Article 17 of the Federal Law N 99-FZ confirming:
- citizenship of the Russian Federation - for Russian citizens living abroad,
- the status of a compatriot.
9. It is necessary to provide original documents (specified in paragraphs 1-8) for enrolling.
Admission procedure to the Pre-study Department
A Non-Russian speaker can apply to the Pre-study Department for the complementary educational program for the period of 10 months to be admitted to higher educational institutions of Russia.
At the expense of the federal budget in accordance with:
- the quota established by the Government of the Russian Federation for the education of foreign citizens and stateless persons (government line).
At the expense of the applicant or legal entities under “the Agreement on the provision of paid educational services”
The training is provided engineering and technology on a full-time basis, using distance education technologies.
After passing the final exams, the students receive state-recognized certificate and can enter MIIGAiK or another university in Russia.
All students live in a comfortable dormitory on the territory of the University.
Foreign citizens entering the study at the Pre-study Department on a contractual basis need to register their entry to Russia and are to send the following documents:
- a copy of the national passport and a certified copy of the Russian translation of the documents on education of the corresponding degree, depending on the purpose of training at the preparatory department (bachelor's, master's, postgraduate studies) to the Department for relations with the foreign students;
- a filled out attached questionnaire in Russian and English, which is necessary for issuing an invitation by MIIGAiK.
Migration registration procedure
Every foreign citizen (stateless person) is obliged to obtain and fill out a migration card upon entering the Russian Federation.
A foreign citizen (foreign student) is obliged to register for the primary migration registration at the place of stay within 3 working days from the date of arrival.
In order to register for migration at the place of stay, you need contact the Department for work with foreign students.
A foreign student receives a Notification of arrival in the Russian Federation with a mark of the territorial body of the Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia on the migration registration at the place of stay.
A foreign student is obliged:
• have a Notification of arrival in the Russian Federation with a mark from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation for migration registration during the entire permitted period of stay in the Russian Federation;
• extend the period of permitted stay in the Russian Federation (40 days before the end of the permitted period for extension the period of stay, it is necessary to submit to the department for work with foreign students: passport, migration card and notification of arrival in the Russian Federation);
• notify the Department for relations with foreign students no later than 15 working days in case of a change in the place of actual residence, surname, first name or receipt of a new national passport, etc.;
• inform the Department for relations with foreign students about the need to move around the territory of the Russian Federation in written form;
• submit the original Notification for deregistration of migration to the Department for relations with foreign students when going on vacation (or for other reasons) abroad.
A foreign student is obliged to register for migration upon returning from vacation (when crossing the border) within 3 working days from the date of arrival.
The validity of a study visa can be extended by the territorial department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia at the place of registration by issuing a multiple-entry visa for the period of study for foreign citizens (Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Turkmenistan, Estonia and foreign countries).
A multiple-entry visa is issued based on a payment slip of the state fee in the amount of 1600 rubles.
The validity period of the visa of a foreign student determines his or her period of stay in the Russian Federation.
A foreign student is obliged to leave the Russian Federation before the expiration of the visa, if by the time of its expiration he or she has not received a new visa, the validity of the existing visa has not been extended, or a temporary residence permit has not been obtained.
A foreign student must personally apply for a visa extension to the Department for relations with foreign students 40 days before the expiration of the visa.
A foreign student is obliged to leave the Russian Federation within 2 weeks in case of expulsion from MIIGAiK.
Foreign citizens who violate the rules of migration registration are considered to be illegally staying on the territory of the Russian Federation and subject to administrative expulsion from the Russian Federation and refusal to enter the territory of the Russian Federation for up to 5 years.
Extension of the migration card period
A migration card is a document that provides basic information about a foreign citizen intending to enter the territory of the Russian Federation.
After crossing the state border by a foreign citizen, the migration card ensures control over his or her stay in Russia.
If the validity of the migration card of a foreign citizen expires, then for further legal stay in Russia, the foreigner needs to contact the Department for relations with foreign students to extend the temporary stay on the territory of the Russian Federation, or obtain a new migration card at the border by leaving and entering the Russian Federation.
Restoring of Migration card
A student must immediately ask for help from the Department for relations with foreign students in case of losing any document (student ID, pass).
Visa support for applicants
1) Entry visa and migration registration can be obtained by foreigners applicants by themselves.
The Department for relations with the foreign students assists to obtain migration registration for foreigners applicants, who have arrived with visa free entry to pass entrance exams.
2) The Department for relations with foreign students provides official invitation to the foreign students for obtaining entry visa and assists in migration registration upon the foreign students’ arrival in the Russian Federation.
3. Foreign students receive an entry visa on the basis of an invitation from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in the host country.
(within the established quotas)