Validation of non-formal/informal learning (VNIL) in Russian higher education (VALERU, 2013-2016)
Перейти на русскоязычную версию раздела сайта
Registration number of the project: 544405-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-AT-TEMPUS-SMHES
Name of the programme: TEMPUS
Coordinator: Danube University Krems (DUK)
The booklet of the project (download)
Results of the project
Standards of Validation
The aim of the project: provide a methodological basis for recognizing the results of non-formal/ informal learning in the Russian Federation on the basis of a European approach to this issue.
THE NON-FORMAL/INFORMAL LEARNING
Non-formal and informal learning are two different concepts. Non-formal learning refers to unplanned and unstructured learning received directly from workplace experience, while informal learning is planned, structured learning received outside of the formal education system.
These forms of education exist outside of schools, colleges and universities, formally the informal and not official learning are not recognized. The difficulty is to determine value, unlike the training that takes place in formal educational institutions. It is well known that many specialists immediately got a job, learned a lot in practice, took part in training events for many years and received very serious training. However, it is difficult to correlate their knowledge and skills with the volume and level of formal education. Therefore, the process of transferring such training into recognized qualifications or formal academic units within the formal education system is necessary.
In many countries, the transformation of this knowledge into academic degrees and qualifications has been possible for many years, although the term "informal and not formal learning" is not used particularly widely. The most commonly used terms are "recognition of prior learning" (Australia, South Africa), "learning assessment" and "Evaluation of prior learning", as well as "Evaluation and recognition of learning outcomes" (USA, Canada), "Experience testing” (France); "Validation" (Sweden) and "Accreditation of prior training" (Great Britain).
1. Danube University Krems (DUK) Austria
2. Berlin University of Professional Studies (DUW) Germany
3. University of Chester (UoC) Great Britain
4. Université de Bretagne Occidentale (UBO) France
5. European University Continuing Education Network (EUCEN) Belgium
6. Moscow State University of Geodesy and Cartography (MIIGAiK)
7. Moscow City University (MCU)
8. Bologna Club (BC)
9. Ufa State Pertroleum Technological University (USPTU)
10. Professional Qualifications Development Agency of the Republic of Bashkortostan (PQDARB)
11. Tula State Pedagogical University (TSPU)
12. All Russian Non-governmental organization of small and medium business «OPORA RUSSIA»
13. The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (MESRF)
14. Tambov State Technical University (TSTU)